Friday, April 11, 2008

I Saw Condi Today

Disclaimer: By the time you're done reading this post, the FBI will have hunted me down.

I was enjoying a couple of slices of pepperoni pizza at the Watergate around 1pm this afternoon and I noticed a slew of people in dark suits standing at various locations outside the entrance to the Watergate Salon.

About 15 minutes into my meal, I looked up from the outdoor bench where I was sitting and sure enough Condi emerged from the Salon sporting a fresh haircut. She and her squadron of secret service officers walked right past me and up a stairwell.

Reaction to her rare public appearance was mixed.
-A female security guard who worked at the Watergate stood jaw-dropped as Condi passed her.
-A man sitting at the bench next to me said loud enough for everyone to hear, "Is that it?"
-I'm pretty sure I heard someone say, "She was supposed to come to my shop."
-Last but not least, I saw a women who had just been informed that Condi walked by and the women replied, "Oh well, I was getting a sale at CVS."

I really need to start carrying a camera.

No comments: